MemFis is a highly efficient, fully automatic treatment system for pig slurry. The system is supplied ready-to-connect in 40-foot containers. Alternatively, the individual modules can be placed within farm buildings. MemFis can treat 15,000 to 20,000 cubic metres of slurry every year – fully automatically. The slurry’s volume is reduced drastically, i.e. you need less room for storage. Transport becomes much easier. Nutrient loads can be spread much more specifically and as required. In short: We can facilitate your entire slurry management.
CLEAN WATER IN THREE STAGES
The filtration process with MemFis consists of three stages: solid-liquid separation, ultrafiltration and reverse osmosis. A proven and robust screw press separator first creates an excellent solid substrate characterised by a high dry matter content and an increased phosphorus concentration.
The second stage, ultrafiltration, is especially important: we have designed a special, oscillating membrane. This membrane efficiently prevents clogging, which is a general problem in many other filtration systems. Ultrafiltration produces a nutrient concentrate that is low in phosphorus.
The highly efficient spiral wound membranes of the final stage, reverse osmosis, guarantee clean and clear water and a nutrient concentrate with a high ammonia proportion.
- mechanical solid-liquid separation by a highly efficient screw press
- separation of approx. 80 % of the dry matter and approx. 85 % of the phosphate from the untreated slurry
- output: stackable solids with a high dry matter content of approx. 30 %
- organic material and phosphorus proportion available for use or sale
- separation of all fine particles with a clever membrane technology that requires only little cleaning
- oscillating modules with a membrane surface of more than 10 m² ensure efficient filtration
- energy-efficient procedure that reduces costs
- dissolved substances pass through the membranes
- discharge of a liquid nutrient concentrate that is rich in sulphur and potassium, with a very low phosphorus proportion
- efficient isolation of all dissolved substances with a tested membrane technology used in seawater desalination
- the produced water is clean, germ-free and can usually be drained into waterways or lakes or employed as used water
- discharge of an ammonia-sulphur-potassium concentrate of a stable quality and very low phosphorus proportion
Due to its comparatively low DM content, sow slurry is a very thin substrate that has few nutrients. Transport is inefficient due to the high water content. MemFis turns this slurry into useful water and nutrient concentrates that can be traded.
As a sow manager with 2,500 breeding places and a cultivated area of less than 30 hectares, MemFis saves you an average of 25 percent of the money you would otherwise spend on exporting the slurry.
Slurry from finishing pigs
The slurry from finishing pigs is a valuable fertiliser that is richer in nutrients and has a higher DM content than sow slurry. However, using MemFis will still reduce transport costs, as more than 90 percent of the slurry from finishing pigs consists of water.
As a producer with, for example, 4,500 finishing pig places and an available cultivated area of less than 30 hectares, you can save an average of 15 percent of slurry costs.
MEMFIS AT A GLANCE
- compact system, small space requirements
- fully automatic treatment of 15,000 to 20,000 m3 of slurry per year
- remote maintenance and diagnosis
- no system-related risks thanks to maintenance and service agreements
- smaller slurry storage volume required
- reduced transport requirements
- lower disposal costs
- clean water produced for use or suitable for discharge into waterways or lakes
- stackable solids, high in phosphorus
- liquid concentrates with high specific nutrient contents